Thursday, September 20, 2007

AutoblogGreen video: eBox test drive

Filed under: ,


I took a test drive in the eBox yesterday at an event for electric cars in Washington. The eBox is a Scion xB (you either love it or hate it) converted to run on electricity. I write about electric cars every day but I have to admit, it shocked me how quiet it was. I know it's cliché but it's really quiet! There is no sound at all and when it starts to move, I assumed it was rolling down hill or someone was pushing it. It's that quiet. AC Propulsion, the people behind the eBox conversion, is talking to seven companies to give them gliders (car without the engine and junk) so the conversions can be a lot cheaper.

BTW, I think the Scion xB is a great looking car.

Related:
[Source: YouTube]

 

Read | Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments


BOLD MOVES: THE FUTURE OF FORD Step behind the curtain at Ford Motor. Experience the documentary first-hand.

No comments: