Bankrate.com made a list recently of SUVs that get less than 16 miles per gallon (combined city and highway), ranked them by the size of the gas tank and calculated how much it would cost to fill up with a gas price of $3.50 per gallon. The list below uses this week's national average, $3.09, and we see the Ford F250 Super Duty pickup coming in first with a 38-gallon-capacity gas tank and a cost of $117.42 to fill the tank from empty. Here is the list;
- Ford F250 Super Duty pickup, 38 gallons,$117.42
- Nissan Titan pickup, 37 gallons, $114.33
- Dodge Ram 2500 pickup, 35 gallons, $108.15
- Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD pickup, 34 gallons, $105.06
- Ford Expedition EL SUV, 33.5 gallons, $103.515
- Hummer H2 SUV, 32 gallons, $98.88
BOLD MOVES: THE FUTURE OF FORD Step behind the curtain at Ford Motor. Experience the documentary first-hand.