Presidential hopeful John McCain went to car-maker-city Detroit and told them they must support higher fuel efficiency standards. John says it's a national security issue and we must be leaders on green technology. John even joked he drinks a glass of ethanol every day. Here are some quotes:
- "We need to work together to increase CAFÉ standards to a level that is practical and achievable for all new vehicles."
- "My friends, it's a national security issue."
- "We can't keep up this level of gas guzzling."
- "I'm all for ethanol, I drink a glass of ethanol every morning."
- "We need to be at the cutting edge of green technologies because 95 percent of the world's customers live outside the U.S."
- "What's it called, a Purr-ess? Pryuss? Peer-uss?"
- "Yeah, Py-russ"
- "No, Prius."
- "O.K., Prius, Prius."
- "I ought to know the name of it; I paid for it."
[Source: Detroit Free Press, New York Times]
BOLD MOVES: THE FUTURE OF FORD Step behind the curtain at Ford Motor. Experience the documentary first-hand.